As the renovation work has now been completed in Tampere, the city has produced a video to show the work undertaken in one of the buildings refurbished in the framework of the EU-GUGLE project. The ‘Start-to-finish’ video of the retrofitting work carried out in the As Oy Kaupinpirtti building presents the objectives of the project as well as the measures implemented. These measures include:
- Renovation of the façade with added insulation;
- Installation of an air source heat pump system with heat recovery;
- Optimisation of the heating network;
- Installation of state of the art heat exchangers;
- Refurbishment of the ventilation system;
- Remote monitoring and building automation;
- Installation of energy efficient windows, glazing of balconies, replacement of doors;
- Energy efficient LED lighting system with motion detection.
The residents of the renovated buildings in the district of Tammela seem to be largely satisfied with the result of the EU-GUGLE renovations. To testify to the multiple benefits of energy efficient retrofitting and encourage further inhabitants to launch their own renovation project, this video will be used as a tool to raise awareness on this topic in Finland and abroad.